Friday, June 15, 2012

Entry 9. Tenets

As long as we’re getting the basics out of the way, let’s talk about my Tenets of Common Wealth. Truth be known, I based them on the Tenets of Imaginary Physics – three short statements that sum up all you need to know about the way the universe works.

1. The power of the imagination is unlimited.

2. Matter still can’t be created or destroyed.

3. What’s done is done.

In my studies of history and nonviolent cooperation, I boiled down my philosophy into three short statements that sum up all you need to know about a successful peace. To make the analogy downright obvious, I named them the Tenets of Common Wealth.

1. Love your neighbor as yourself.

2. Interact with love — not force or violence.

3. Give more than you receive.

We’ll get into more detail as we go along, but everything I have said and done, and everything that led to this experiment that became the Commonwealth of Sirius 4, pretty much boils down to those three tenets.

Entry 10

No comments: